From: Pc-audio [mailto:pc-audio-boun...@pc-audio.org] On Behalf Of Nick
Giannak
Sent: 26 September 2013 02:28
To: PC Audio Discussion List
Subject: Re: Foobar 2000 class begins October 1

www.foobar2000.org
On 9/25/2013 8:21 PM, Curtis Delzer wrote:
> where do I find the program, I mean the home site for it?
>
> --
> Curtis Delzer.
> HS.
>
> K 6 V F O
> San Bernardino, CA.
>
> curtis1...@verizon.net
>
> skype: curtis1014
>

> On Wed, 25 Sep 2013 17:19:03 -0400
> Nick Giannak <n...@hkcradio.com> wrote:
>
>> I recommend anyone who doesn't know what Foobar2000 is should take this
class. I'm not teaching it, I don't have the patience, but I've been using
Foobar2000 since 2006 and it is, bar none, the most powerful yet lightest
weight audio player available for Windows. Why do you want Foobar2000?
First, you can taylor the interface to you, particularly in that you can
have several different playlists open at once. If you want to be able to
have a playlist containing all your favorite internet radio stations and
another where you open things from Windows Explorer, you can do that.
>>       Foobar2000 also has best of breed support for regioned files. If
you find yourself with a multi-regioned file, you actually get to see the
regions like a playlist. This is beautiful for Ogg Vorbis internet radio
broadcasters like myself, who use the Oddcast/Edcast/Altacast archiving
ability, which does create a file with all those regions. The recall is
amazing.
>>       Speaking of streaming, I don't know of any better player for
streaming audio. Winamp has nothing on Foobar, because Winamp doesn't even
come close to just how robust Foobar2000 is at streaming without buffering.
If you're listening to a stream with Foobar2000 and it's buffering, then you
can be sure that it's the stream's fault or your connections. Not Foobar's.
>>       That's just some of the reasons you guys should actually consider
Foobar.