Did it get rid of the actual Skype? Would it do so? If so, then perbhaps I
should weight a little bit to up date.

-----Original Message-----
From: Pc-audio [mailto:pc-audio-boun...@pc-audio.org] On Behalf Of Dave
Marthouse
Sent: Thursday, October 17, 2013 6:09 PM
To: Pc-audio@pc-audio.org
Subject: Metro Version Of Skype

I've upgraded to Windows8.1 from Windows8.  The upgrade went smoothly.

There is one related problem.  GWConnect won't work with Windows8.1.  It
seems that according to the folks at GWMicro that Skype hasn't released a
fix to make the Skypekit work with the os.  GWMicro has informed Skype of
the problem but so far no joy from Skype.

I am now attempting to use the so called Modern Metro version of Skype
native to Windows8.1.  I was able to sign in.  I see my contacts but can't
find a method of calling them.  I press enter on the names and it does no
good.  I can't find any pull down menus or call buttons etc.  I am using JFW
beta version 15.4.
Can anyone shed some light on this one?

Dave Marthouse
dmartho...@gmail.com