From: Pc-audio [mailto:pc-audio-boun...@pc-audio.org] On Behalf Of Dane
Trethowan
Sent: Monday, November 04, 2013 1:07 PM
To: PC Audio Discussion List
Subject: Re: Speaker Question/Problem

Okay, well I'm glad you got a wonderful! pair of computer speakers, its very
hard indeed to get a Wonderful! pair of computer speakers these days
<smile>.

As far as bleeding of sound through the speakers themselves? I have heard of
this actually happening, does the manual specifically say that plugging in
the headphones will mute the sound? Believe it or not some models don't mute
the sound entirely to the speakers, the sound output to the speakers is just
reduced.

Now another question, does this speaker system actually have a line out
connection as well as your standard line in? I'm wondering if perhaps you
have the computer connected to a line out rather than a line in, this can
cause some funny things to happen.

And finally, If the plugging in of headphones is supposed to mute the
speakers and this isn't happening then it would appear to me at least that
you have a fault with your speakers.

On 5 Nov 2013, at 4:56 am, dan Kerstetter <dh...@comcast.net> wrote:

> I just got a wonderful set of computer speakers; however, there seems
> to be a slight problem.  When I plug headphones into the speakers and
> really turn it up, some of the sound bleeds through the speakers.
> I've read the manual and it specifically states that plugging in
> headphones will cut the speakers off.  Any ideas or thoughts about this
problem would be appreciated.

> Thanks.
>

> Dan

> pc-audio-unsubscr...@pc-audio.org