I am wanting an mp3 from the mkv. I installed this program but can't figure out how to get an mp3. It seems to just want to make another mkv file.

Dean

-----Original Message----- From: Gianluca Apollaro
Sent: Sunday, November 24, 2013 9:40 AM
To: pc-audio@pc-audio.org
Subject: Re: Convert .mkv file

Hi Dean and list,
You can use MKVtoolnix to demux only the audio from the mkv, if you want
to convert the video aswell there is a software called autoMkv, I don't
know how well it would work.
Hth,
Best regards,
Gianluca from Italy
SkypeID: gianluca8815
Il 24/11/2013 14:46, Dean Masters ha scritto:
I can play the .mkv file on my media player but if I try to jump forward or backward it takes a while for it to move. I figure that is what is going wrong with the converters. they are moving faster than the file wants to so quit converting. I guess I am going to have to play it on one player and record it in real time with another program. the file is over 1 gig in size so I don't know how I could get it to anyone to let them try to convert it.

Dean

-----Original Message----- From: Hamit Campos