Hi Barry,
Well, I just tried the steps you mentioned in your above email, and when I
went to the file menu after highlighting an mp3 file, I found the following
Items in the file menu:
1. Add to Windows Media Player List
2. Play
3. Scan with Microsoft Security Essentials Dialog
4. Open with Pull-down
5. Scan with Malware bytes Anti-malware
6. Shared folder cyncronization
7. Send to pull-down
8. New pull-down
9. Create shortcut
11. Rename
12. Properties
13. Close
These were all I saw within this menu. There was still no Enqueue and play
option. I don't understand why this isn't working. I found a blog post that
someone who had this same problem. The only difference was that they didn't
have ths issue until they switched from Windows XP to Windows 7. They said
that when they used this option with XP, it worked fine. I have XP, so I'm
not sure why things aren't working for me. I've pasted the blog posting
below so that you can see what I'm referring to. I'm just an average
computer user, so I don't really mess around with my operating system's
settings. The reason I'm trying to get Winamp to place a track directly
below an already existing one, is because I'm in the process of trying to
get a dj position with ACB Radio, and they use Winamp for broadcasting.
Being able to insert tracks erlier in the playlist rather than at the bottom
of it, is ecential, especially if people email me with requests. This way,
I'll be able to play what they ask for in a more reasonable time frame
without them having to wait through multiple songs. It seems like it should
be a simple thing to figure out, but then you know how technology is (smile)
Hope the blog post will make at least a little sense. Thanks for taking the
time to assist me with this.
Mike
Rochester, NY.
Winamp in other Languages
Winamp
Web

Add-ons

Blog

Forums

Help
header_form
Search for Add-ons, Help and More
Media Players
Skins
Plug-ins
Online Services
Radio
Community
Help
Download Winamp
Forums Home
Today's Posts
Mark Forums Read
Members List
Rules
Go Back
Winamp Forums

Winamp

Winamp Technical Support
Reload this Page
  Enqueue In Winamp not showing in context menu for files - SOLUTION
User Name
User Name
Remember Me?
Password
Enter your username and password in the boxes provided to login, or click
the 'register'
button to create a profile for yourself.
Old
 6th March 2011, 15:29
  #
1
Mr. Weedy
Junior Member
Enqueue In Winamp not showing in context menu for files - SOLUTION
I used to have XP for quite some time and the enqueue in winamp used to show
up in
the context menu just fine. Then I moved on to Windows 7 and the enqueue in
winamp
option disappeared from the context menu even I had setup winamp correctly
for it.
After doing some digging, I narrowed down all the possible causes for this
behavior
to one program and one simple solution to bring the Enqueue in Winamp back
to the
context menu. And that one program which is messing the enqueue in winamp in
the
context menu is Windows Media Player. It seems that somehow it uses brute
force to
take over all enqueue options for audio files to itself. (Or the context
menu simply
has hardcoded limit how many options it can show in the first section) But
whatever
the case is the solution is here.
BEHOLD THE SIMPLE SOLUTION:
1.
 At first you want to make sure your winamp is setup correctly. That means
you have
"Show Winamp in the folder context menus in Windows Explorer" option
selected under
Options -> Preferences -> File Types.
i/winamp01.png/
2.
 Then go to the Shell Options and make sure you have Enqueue in Winamp
selected for
files. In the following picture you can also see that even the options are
selected
the Enqueue in Winamp isn't showing on the context menu.
i/winamp02.png/
3. The you need to follow this simple guide how to disable Windows Media
Player aka
WMP from showing in the context menu.
http://windows7themes.net/how-to-rem...text-menu.html
And just in case that site for some reason disappears I'll quote it here:
Quote:
Remove Windows Media Player from Context Menu in Windows 7
Windows 7 can do much more than many people think. Do you know of the
"Default Programs"
control panel for example?
1. Click on Start and click on Default Programs (optionally enter default
programs
into the search field)
2. This where you can set many of the default programs in Windows 7, file
associations,
autoplay settings and much more.
3. Click on Set program access and computer defaults:
Choose Windows 7 Default Programs
4. Click on the option Custom
5. Scroll down until you find the entry Choose a default media player
6. Uncheck the options Enable access to this program for Windows Media
Center and
Windows Media Player
Default Windows 7 Media Player
You have now successfully removed the entry Add to Windows Media Player list
and
also Buy Music online.
4.
 If you did everything correctly, you should be done now. As you can see
from the
following picture the Enqueue in Winamp now shows up correctly in the
Window's context
menu and we also got rid of that WMP's own unneeded context menu entries.
i/winamp03.png/
IF
 you want to keep the WMP entries in the context menu, I don't know a
solution for
that. It might require going to registry files and tweaking context menu
from there
to give room for Winamp's context menu entry or simply removing the WMP's
brute force
method of grapping all the enqueue options for audio files to itself.
Whatever the
case is I'm not going to cover that in this solution.
I hope it works for you too as it did for me.
Smilie
Mr. Weedy is offline
Go Back
Winamp Forums

Winamp

Winamp Technical Support
Reload this Page
  Enqueue In Winamp not showing in context menu for files - SOLUTION
User Name
User Name
Remember Me?
Password
Enter your username and password in the boxes provided to login, or click
the 'register'
button to create a profile for yourself.
<

Show Printable Version
Show Printable Version
Email this Page
Email this Page
Go
Linear Mode
  Linear Mode
Hybrid Mode
Switch to Hybrid Mode
Threaded Mode
Switch to Threaded Mode
showthread.php?t=328148#top
 Posting Rules
You  may not post new threads
You  may not post replies
You  may not post attachments
You  may not edit your posts
BB code
 is  On
Smilies
 are  On
[IMG]
 code is  On
HTML code is  Off
Forum Rules
   Forum Jump
          Winamp Technical Support
Go
adsonar_serve528381
qas_frm
MyrbetriqR (mirabegron)
Learn about Myrbetriq. Visit the official site to get information.
www.MYRBETRIQ.com
Mild Cognitive Impairment
Local researchers are studying forgetfulness. See if you can help.
https://www.odysseyearlyad.com/
It's Time to Benefit!
At LensCrafters get glasses you love with your FSA before they expire
www.lenscrafters.com
 Buy a link here
      -- English (US)
Winamp.com
 -
Archive
 -
Top
Send Feedback
Winamp
Web

Add-ons

Blog

Forums

Help
footer_form
Search for Add-ons, Help and More
MORE ON WINAMP
Winamp for Android
Winamp Toolbar
Winamp Search
Winamp Blog
Winamp Developer Network
Jobs
WINAMP HELP
Winamp Media Player
Winamp Player Help
Winamp Player FAQ
Winamp Support
Winamp Sitemap
HELP LINKS
Advertise With Us
Privacy Policy
Terms of Service
About Us
Sitemap

Terms of Service

Privacy Policy

What's New

Trademarks
Android is a trademark of Google Inc. Use of this trademark is subject to
Google Permissions.
The free customizable Winamp media player that plays mp3 + other audio
files,
syncs your iPod, subscribes to Podcasts and more.
Copyright C 1999 - 2013 Nullsoft. All Rights Reserved.
Powered by vBulletinR Version 3.8.6
Copyright C2000 - 2013, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.