Hi rick, is it really off topic, if you need the information. when i was six years old, my mother started to teach me braille by hand. this was in 1939, when there were braile machines, but we didn't have one. there was something called a hand frame. imagine a gide with cells in it. 26, to be precise. in each cell, there was six depressions. one used a thing called a style to press out the separate dots. the style passed through the paper, and wen in to the depression, leaving the dot behind. many years later, the rnib in britain, sold a pocket frame, which not only had rows of these cells, but also had two slots, on each side. through these slots one can pass a narrow tape. the slots puts the tape beneath one of the rows of cells. there are in fack two sets of slots, for different width of tape. it is one of the devices that i am using. i have marked some memory discs, but some of them have nowhere to write, or only a small space. i like to put a number followed by the capacity of the memory stick. i should have thought that the foundation for the blind in america would have had these pocket frames. i am only guessing what the organisation your side of the water would be called. good luck brian.