I use Freemake Video Converter. It will convert video to other formats including to mp3. It wil convert other audio to mp3 and it will rip DVD's. And it is free. It uses menus and dialogs. find it at:

www.freemake.com

Dean

-----Original Message----- From: Tom Kaufman
Sent: Tuesday, February 04, 2014 6:09 PM
To: Pc-audio@pc-audio.org
Subject: DVD Ripping Software Info Wanted

Hello list:  I think this may have been posted recently!  But since I wasn't
exactly in the market, I didn't pay real close attention.  But it's very
possible that I'll be getting a DVD I may want to rip to my computer; what I
need to know is: what's a good DVD ripping program that is accessible (one
that's free if there is such) but would pay for one if necessary!  Help and
info appreciated!

Tom Kaufman