Hi all,
When editing a sound byte, I use to be able to do the following, and now I
can not.  I will put these steps down first and then explain more.
1.      I press the letter q to make sure cuing is on.
2.      2.  I then press the spacebar to start the sound byte playing.
3.      3.  Next, I would hold down the left shift key and arrow to the
right.
4.      Sound forge would play the sound byte as I move to the right,
stopping when I stop arrowing.
However, now in order to hear where my selection has stopped, I have to
listen through the whole section that has been selected.  This takes up much
more time.  I am not sure what has gotten unchecked or changed  and am
hoping someone on this list does.

So simply put, I once could just select the sound and soundforge would just
play the selected data.  If I stopped arrowing, sound would stop
immediately.  If I moved the arrow right or left, sound would respond
immediately with the new stopping place.  I hope I explained my question.
 I would be glad to share my phone off list withsomeone if they are willing
to help out.  It is probably something I accidently checked off or on.
Thanks for reading this long email.