Yeah it does sound pretty good. Very interesting.

-----Original Message-----
From: Pc-audio [mailto:pc-audio-boun...@pc-audio.org] On Behalf Of Dane
Trethowan
Sent: Saturday, March 22, 2014 1:54 AM
To: PC Audio Discussion List
Subject: Tuners: Amazing What You Find

Hi!

The following sample comes from a tuner I picked up on eBay for 99 cents,
the Sony STJX4 which i estimate to be around 30 years old but - after
hearing this sample - I don't think anyone will be caring too much about the
age of the equipment.

I have made 4 samples and this one was taken from radio 2CA in Cannberra
Australia which is around 300 miles from me.

Note that during the sample you'll hear the signal fade and another station
on the same frequency will be heard, that station is in South Australia,
around 400 miles from me in a different direction.
<https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/10565527/Sony%20STJX4%20-%2002.mp3>
If link doesn't work the first time then try again in a few minutes, file
may still be uploading to Dropbox.

Dane Trethowan
Skype: grtdane12
Phone US (213) 438-9741