Are there devices out there that don't break the bank that can convert HDMI from the Chromecast to either audio via a 30-pin dock connector on a speaker dock, or auxiliary line-in? I was thinking about switching over to an Android phone and the Chromecast could stream some services, but for others, I would probably have to find an Airplay or DLNA transmitting app to feed the audio to that littlewireless to 30-pin receiver I can hook to my dock. The TV has HDMI, but switching inputs is in a menu, and I'm not sure I could get good quality sound out without running a long audio cable across the room.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Dane Trethowan" <grtd...@internode.on.net>
To: "PC Audio Discussion List" <pc-audio@pc-audio.org>
Sent: Thursday, April 17, 2014 4:21 PM
Subject: Have The Chromecast Up And Running

Subject line says it all, the Chromecast Set Top box is now up and running.

The setup was easy enough using the Chromecase App available from the IOS Apps Store, there are Apps for the PC and Mac though I don't know how accessible these are so what I'm about to describe is totally from the perspective of an IOS user.

The setup involves you searching for the Chromcast which has its own Wi-Fi network, you then join this on your iPhone, the Chromecast App follows the progress.

From here you configure the Chromecast's basic settings such as the name,
the Wi-fi network the Chromecast should connect to and so on, further setting adjustments can be made from the Chromecast App after the basic setup is complete.

From the Chromecast App is where all the action takes place, its where you
discover "Chromecast Apps" such as Youtube, Rdio, Google Play and so on, these are available from the Apps Store and The Chromecast will take you straight to the appropriate Chrome Apps pages with the tap of a button.

So what is a Chromecast? Put simply its a stick similar to a USB memory stick, one end plugs into a HDMI socket whilst the other plugs into a USB port for power, in other words the Chromecast is specifically designed to plug into the back of a TV for the specific purpose of converting that device into a "Smart Television".

There is little processing power in the Chromecast because your iPhone or other device does all that and this gives the Chromecast a huge price advantage over its competition, I picked one up for $40 Australian Dollars.

So far with the Chromecast I've explored and played videos through it to my Denon AVR2113 surround-sound receiver which is connected via HDMI to my Samsung Television, I've used the Rdio App to search for and play various songs etc, the exploration will continue today as I'm anxious to try ABC iView and BBC iPlayer Apps, today Good Friday presents the perfect opportunity, Happy Easter to you all.

Dane Trethowan
Skype: grtdane12
Phone US (213) 438-9741
Phone U.K. 01245 79 0598