Hi!

I bought one of these a month or so back so this was well before the pending
launch of the Chromecast in Australia, I bought it because of the high praise
the device was receiving on the technology shows I listen to and I haven't been
at all disappointed with my experience thus far which can only get better by
the sounds of things.

the article linked to below puts the device into perspective though I warn
those who have a visual impairment that accessibility could be an issue with
the Chromecast if you're thinking of controlling it from a computer, I've not
tried this so can't say for sure.  I have tried controlling the Chromecast from
a Mac using the Chrome browser and from my Chromebox and I'm happy to say that
I found no major issues.  If my experience is anything to go by, the best
device to use with your Chromecast is an IOS device such as an iPhone, iPad etc.

Even if you already have an Apple TV, the investment in an additional device
such as the Chromecast is certainly worth the while and I prefer to use it
these days more than my Apple tve, more controls available from my iPhone for
example.
http://www.smh.com.au/digital-life/computers/gadgets-on-the-go/chromecast-coming-to-australia--worth-getting-excited-20140519-zrh3v.html

Dane Trethowan
Skype: grtdane12