From: Pc-audio [mailto:pc-audio-boun...@pc-audio.org] On Behalf Of Dane
Trethowan
Sent: Saturday, May 24, 2014 6:01 PM
To: PC Audio Discussion List
Subject: Re: 5.1 Stereo Amp to connect to my sound card

You've plenty of options here <smile>.

There's another list member who has a Denon receiver which will do what you
want, he got the high end model at a bargain price, I'm green with envy <smile>.

I have the Denon AVR2113, I last saw this model for $500 which is a steal if
you can still get the thing.

The AVR2113 has a HTML Interface so settings are easy to change.

The receiver has 6 HDMI inputs and 2 digital inputs so you don't even need to
consider the sound device that your computer is equipped with, I just run a
lead from the HDMI output of my computer to the receiver, 1 lead, 1 connection
and that's it! up to 8 channels of high quality audio and HD 4K video if
required.

On 25 May 2014, at 7:52 am, Frank Ventura <frank.vent...@littlebreezes.com>
wrote:

> Hi all I would like to know if anyone knows of a high quality, accessible,
> high end 5.1 stereo amp that can take the output from my sound card and
> convert it into 5 stereo channels and one subwoofer output? Cost is not an
> object.
> Thanks
> Frank

Dane Trethowan