Tom,

I asked earlier if you were using Window-Eyes.  I was thinking you did, and if
so, there has been a problem with
identifying some of the buttons on the "Now Playing" window which is where the
"rip" button is.  If this is the
case, you could either check the "RIP Automatically" box or you could try NVDA
which does detect this button.
This is a known issue for Window-Eyes and it will be corrected.

I was thinking, though, that when you put the CD in that there are options to
display information about the CD
even if you don't rip.  I thought if you were seeing CD information that it
would mean that at least in some cases
CD information is being retrieved.  This would insure that the problem of not
getting information was associated
with CDEX and not with a problem with the CD itself.

Best regards,

Steve Jacobson

On Wed, 25 Jun 2014 12:43:06 -0400, Tom Kaufman wrote:

>Steve and list:  I've not been able to get Windows Media to rip it at all!
>It won't even show me the "rip button!"
>Tom Kaufman

>>> version....same results!  I DON'T UNDERSTAND!  To the best of my