Could they  be album art and associated graphic files?
----- Original Message ----- From: "Walter Ramage" <w...@blueyonder.co.uk>
To: "'PC Audio Discussion List'" <pc-audio@pc-audio.org>
Sent: Thursday, June 26, 2014 5:41 AM
Subject: Ghost files

Hi folks.  Here's a conundrum for you, well, it is for me.

I'll try and explain as clearly as I can but it isn't a problem, just a
curiosity.  I am ripping about 3,000 CDs  and I've done around 850 so far.
Now the method I use is 1. I rip the disc and then when ripped I back it up
3 times.  So, I will copy all the discs I rip to external drive 1.  Then
I'll copy the same files to external drive 2. finally I will move the discs I've ripped to external drive 3. I did a property check of the stuff I've
ripped so far and was told that the files in external drive 3 was 13,999.
External drive 1 and 2 said there were 13,994 files in each drive, 5 files
less than external drive 3.  The Properties for all 3 drives gave the same
number for folders.  I then by a process of elimination discovered the
folder that had the problem.  The folder Carol Kidd has one album in it
called "All My Tomorrows."  When I open this folder there are 11 tracks in
there, as there should be.  However if I do a property check of the folder
it says there are 16 files in the folder.  There shouldn't be 16 tracks,
only 11.  I thought these files might be hidden files and to find out what
they were I went to tools and I instructed the computer to show hidden files
but when I went to the album folder, there were still only 11 tracks but a
property checked still showed 16 files.  Does anybody have an idea of why
this should be and what are those extra 5 files?  Walter.

---
This email is free from viruses and malware because avast! Antivirus protection is active. http://www.avast.com

---
is active.