Quick time is from Apple. Since it was taken with an Android phone, chances
are that Windows Media or Winamp will play it just fine. I'd try that first.

-----Original Message-----
From: Pc-audio [mailto:pc-audio-boun...@pc-audio.org] On Behalf Of Tom
Kaufman
Sent: Monday, June 30, 2014 4:23 PM
To: 'PC Audio Discussion List'
Subject: RE: Reposting A Question

I tried that "save target" thing; no soap!  Quicktime just jumps right in!
As for this "default program" thing: that seems to either not work for me or
I don't understand how I'm supposed to work with it!  Meanwhile (at least
for now) I have removed MR. Quicktime!  I may reinstall it (once the video
in question has been delivered) but there was yet another archived show I
wanted to download (Quicktime once again intrephered) I had a discussion
with a friend of mine last night who told me that he was afraid it was just
going to cause more trouble with me being able to download things; since I
cannot see a "file association" thing in Quickttime, I decided that (at
least for now) that Quicktime was gonna have to go!  Thanks all for your
suggestions and am willing to listen to more, for my fear is that Quicktime
may be the only player that will work with this video as it was taken with
an Android smart phone!
Tom Kaufman