From: Pc-audio [mailto:pc-audio-boun...@pc-audio.org] On Behalf Of JM Casey
Sent: Thursday, July 03, 2014 6:12 PM
To: PC Audio Discussion List
Subject: Re: Question About Winamp And MP4 Files

Hey Tom.

Let me just say that I love winamp and have used it for almost fifteen years

now, with no sign of stopping...
But only for audio.

I have never quite been able to figure out why winamp seems to play some
videos and not others. There are some codec issues and searching the
internet for certain codecs (depending on the type of encoding...which you
can't always tell from the extension, you have to look at the video info)
has increased the number of videos winamp will play just fine, but there are

some files I've just never been able to get to play. Sometimes there's no
video, sometimes neither video or audio.

VLC on the other hand will play every video I've ever encountered without a
hitch or without any hunting around on the net for obscure codec packs. I
love it for that reason and if I ever have people over and we want to watch
videos/movies, VLC works every time.