I have WinAmp running in the background always to hear radio or files from the
disk. I configured WinAmp not to show up in  the Alt+Tab order. So I use a
shortcut if I want to access the WinAmp window. But I also set global hotkeys
so that I can change volume, tracks and move forth and back in tracks with out
bringing up the WinAmp window. Go to preferences CTRL+P and find global
hotkeys. Here you can enable and change the hotkeys. Maybe it's a bit dificult
because after define a hotkey you have to hit set. To hit set you have to
activate JAWS cursor, find set and activate it by  the mouse keys on the
keyboard. You can't use Tab to find set because the the hotkey will change to
use the Tab key. When it's done you can  control it from any where in Windows.
For example if I'm using Internet Explorer and want to control WinAmp with out
leaving IE then I hit CTRL!Shift+F9 to turn down or CTRL+Shift+F10 to turn up
volume, CTRL+Shift+F1 to start playback TRL+Shift+F2 to stop playing etc.

OZ0TE Jacob
Skype-ID: Jacob-DK