Hi,

I wish to Airplay content using my Mac to speakers around my home from apps
other than iTunes and understand that, in order to do this, I need Air Foil.
Therefore, I've downloaded and "installed" it but cannot get any audible
results!

I have launched VLC and Airfoil, checked Airplay in VLC and chosen the
relevant speakers in Airfoil; however, when I play a track, all I get is
silence.  I have tried running both apps in reverse order in case that made
a difference but it didn't.  Airfoil seems to think that the chosen speakers
are in use by another device but they aren't.  I was Airplaying to them from
iTunes beforehand but both closed iTunes and even re-booted in case
something was still lurking.

I'm using the trial version before deciding whether it's for me - obviously,
at the moment, it's not! <smile>

As I'm new to the Mac, I assume I'm doing something fundamentally wrong but
don't know what!

Can anyone point me in the right direction, please - even if it's a
troubleshooting FAQ which I haven't come across yet?

Thanks for any help.

Richard Bartholomew