Greetings,

Dane Trethowan wrote:

Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought the Go To feature only allowed the
entry of a value in time.
Yes, the control g, about which the initial post was sent, is for moving to
a specific time whilst playing the file.  If a person needs to process part
of a file and knows roughly where the area lies, they can use the set
markers function, using the shift e command, enter the times replacing
current marker values, press enter and they should play the area in which
they are interested.  If, then, they set the zoom to show a small part, say,
ten seconds, moving the markers assuming they have the scrub function
active, will enable them then to place the markers exactly where they
desire.

In case unknown, the scrub function is located in the play dialogue, being
the edit box which follows the wind / rewind settings.  By default, this,
certainly up to v5.70, is set to 0.000 by default, mine is set now to 0.150,
therefore whenever I move an arrow or marker, I hear .15's worth of sound
and find it invaluable speeding up edits no end.

Remember, arrow and marker movements are dictated by the setting of zoom,
hence for a zoom of 1 second (shift with 2) the marker / arrow movement will
be .01 of a second, i.e 0.010. For 10 seconds, i.e shift with 3, it will be
0.100, for one minute, i.e shift with 4, it will be 0.600 Etc.