Brian

Might be the cheapest solution to try I think.

I'm just wondering whether different materials provide different detail?

-----Original Message-----
From: Pc-audio [mailto:pc-audio-boun...@pc-audio.org] On Behalf Of Brian
Sent: 28 September 2015 04:26 AM
To: PC Audio Discussion List
Subject: Re: feeling bass frequencies

                 I like the balloon idea I once had that experience I was on
the bus going from the blind school to home and my bus driver gave some
ballons I think that I had about 3 and I placed them on the speaker of my
tape recorder and it almost sounded like stereo and yes I could both feel
and hear the base through the balloons.  I would give it a try and see what
you think.
Briansackrider

On 9/27/2015 4:11 PM, André van Deventer wrote:
> Something to try thanx quintin.
>
> This sub has a very thick wooden cabinet especially to keep all
> unnecessary vibrations out.  The only place you seem to be able to
> feel  the bass really is if you place your fingers gently on the front.
>
> Someone once said you might try holding a balloon wich should pick up
> the vibrations.  But I'm wondering if different kinds of materials
> might give you different kinds of detail.  I don't know even where to
> begin researching this!!
>
> Regards
>
> Andre

Maybe
> the brain may put the signals of the  audio and visual cortex together
and
> create some kind of a whole.
>

> What I have done is to lightly rest my fingers  onto  the front of my
> reasonable quality sub whoofer.  It is then indeed possible to do
> this.  But it’s really not the most comfortable position to sit in
> also.  Another thing – if you turn up the bass too much, the harmonics
> starts to distort the cochlear implants.
>

> So I’m wondering if someone has any thoughts on this rather unique
> challenge to share?
>

> Regards
>

> Andre
>

> ---