hi list, some time ago, i put a request on this list about soundforge, and a couple of you answered me with suggestions. i looked at soundforge 11, but when i found it was 300 pounds i went on fishing. it was my son-in-law who found me, soundforge audio studio10.0 this was only 47 pounds, and i was able to get a trial version, which i found would do all i wanted to. the only things which i don't like, is that the normalize isn't as good as previous versions of soundforge, also i think that in my version 7, i could delete parts of a recording with, left and right brackets. that doesn't work in soundforge audiostudio 10. there is some way of deleting, but i haven't found it yet. anyway, thanks to kirk and steve nutt for your attempts to help me. brian.