Can you tell us what sort of USB Microphone we’re dealing with here?

Some of them such as the Blue Yeti have sound outputs and I’m wondering if the
sound is being redirected to the sound output of the Microphone if it has one.

> On 18 Jan 2016, at 4:06 AM, Dave Marthouse <dmartho...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I am assisting a friend in getting his USB mic to work.
>
> He is running Windows7 and Jaws16 with eloquence.
>
> When the mic was plugged in for the first time we were informed that the
> system was searching for drivers.  The driver was found and installed.  I
> assume that the system recognized the mic as the connection sound is played
> when the mic was plugged bin and another sound is played when it's removed.
> When the mic is connected speech is lost.  When the plug is removed speech
> returns.
>
> I have the feeling that this is some kind of driver issue.
>
> If anyone can shed light on this one it would be appreciated.
>

> --
> Dave Marthouse
> dmartho...@gmail.com

Those of a positive and enquiring frame of mind will leave the rest of the
halfwits in this world behind.