Hi!

I think I may have mentioned this in passing some time ago but thought I’d 
mention it again along with a few extra details.

The BBC have 320K streams available for those in the U.K. - you’ll need a VPN 
to access them anywhere else - and they audio from those is superb to say the 
least.

Now this audio of course is not HD Audio but its damn good MP3.

I’m not sure whether the BBC Web Player on their web site supports these 
streams so I use something called Jamcast which can be installed on a Windows 
machine.

Jam cast comes with various channels and allows others to be installed from the 
Jamcast site, you might install the BBC Radio Channel for example and that’s 
exactly where you’ll find the 320K Audio streams of their most popular stations 
including Radio 1 through 6 - both Radio 4 LW and FM services are there along 
with the 5 Live Extra and $ extra streams -.

Added to this is Jamcasts ability to stream the audio using DLAN so the system 
ins very configurable and customisable.

You could for example set your Smartphone as a remote controller for the system 
and send the audio to your Hi-Fi system or just play it on your Smartphone or 
just use your computer, the choice is yours.

I’ve only scratched the surface when it comes to Jamcast, if you want to find 
out more find Jamcast on Google and perhaps follow Jamcast on Twitter.


**********
Those of a positive and enquiring frame of mind will leave the rest of the 
halfwits in this world behind.



Reply via email to