From: Pc-audio [mailto:pc-audio-boun...@pc-audio.org] On Behalf Of Andy
Logue
Sent: Sunday, February 7, 2016 3:57 AM
To: PC Audio Discussion List <pc-audio@pc-audio.org>
Subject: Re: Hardware recording...

Hi John.

Around November last year I took the plunge and bought a portable didgital
recorder of extraduanery quality, called the Zoom H6.  In the UK this cost
me about £370.00.

I didn't tell my wife just how expensive it was, haha.

As far as accessability is concerned, it's not too good but I have listened
to all Mr. Neal Ewars, a well known blind sound engineer from the US,
podcasts on the machine.

It is aparently the best such device anywhere on the planet and yes, a blind
person can easily record sound at 24 bit sterio.

I'm currently recording a local band in Kilcreggan, who meet every Wednesday
night.

I use Goldwave to edit my recording and Nero to burn onto disk.

I must tell you that the quality of the recordings I make blow the minds of
my friends.  They think that I must really know my stuff as the recordings
are as good as you'll get in a recording studio.  I'm loving this attention!

I'm thinking of helping my small community magazine to make their monthly
paper accessable to blind people, by recording it and posting it on memory
sticks to people in my community  who cannot read print.

So, for a portable recording studio, which you can hold in your hand that
gives you the best sound quality possible in the world, please consider the
Zoom H6.

All the very best.
Andy from a wet and dreary Scotland.