I'm just looking at the post talking about Bluetooth, Bluetooth does in fact transmit in Compressed audio - well most standards of Bluetooth do -.

Most equipment out there now for audio - unless you get the very cheap stuff - is Bluetooth 3.0 which supports a wide variety of different audio profiles.

I sincerely hope that Apple considers using Bluetooth atpX lossless in the iPhone 7? I'm not sure if the hardware even exists for this in the iPhone 6 range but regardless of that all the other manufacturers have adopted it including Samsung, LG and so on - sadly not Google -.

Bluetooth has been with us 20 years and the quality of the audio - with the standards evolving - has improved dramatically, I remember how my old Ericson phone sounded in 1995 with the Bluetooth hands free, absolutely God Damn awful.