Hi folks

I feel like I may not have explained myself well enough before, so please let me try to explain things a bit better by going through the steps I do to do this, and then maybe someone with some knowledge can tell me where I may be going wrong if I am. I don't know if I am that's the thing.

I have imported a folder full of custom made ringtones into iTunes. They're in the usual m4r format, and show up just fine when I go into the view menu, then media kind and arrow down to tones and press enter. So, they all show up and iTunes recognizes them just fine.

2. next, I already have my iPhone connected to my pc so I tab over to the button labeled iPhone and press the space bar. I am now presented with a screen that pops up and shows me several different things, most notably a list of different playlists. if I am understanding this correctly, all the tones I've already imported are marked to be synced to my iPhone. Window-eyes does not read the state of this, so I'm going purely on guess work here. So, I find the list of playlists by arrowing down until I hear tones, and then I keep tabbing to the sync tones checkbox. This is different from before, because there used to be a radio button that said sync selected tones. But all I've got here is a sync tones checkbox, so when I check it, iTunes displays the following message.

Are you sure you want to remove existing music, movies, TV shows, books, and tones from this iPhone and sync with this iTunes library? Music, movies, TV shows, books, and tones synced to Chris's iPhoneā€¯ from other iTunes libraries will be removed and items will be synced from this iTunes library.'

My only 2 choices are, erase and sync, or cancel. The question is....if I hit that Erase and sync button will the only thing that's erased will be my tones? or, will everything on the phone be erased? Why can't this just be simple?

I hope someone will kindly correct me if I'm doing this incorrectly.

            Thanks.