Hi. I've written to Hope's creator about this problem, but haven't yet received
a reply. I've been using Hope to access Pandora for a few years. After my hard
drive failed, I had to restore all my applications, including Hope. I have a
user key, which I've since confirmed. I've also installed Microsoft C++, as
recommended on the troubleshooting page. The version of Hope installed on my
system is 1.19, which appears to be the latest. Meanwhile, Pandora recognizes
me because I get emails from Pandora from which I can link and listen to my
stations. But I like the accessibility afforded by Hope.

Here's what happens when I attempt to activate. After entering all the
information, the usual menu appears—listen, create a station, search, etc. I
type an artist's name in the search field, press enter on "search," then on one
of the other buttons, such as "listen" or "create a station" (I think I have
that button's name correct.) But nothing happens. Then I'll close out Hope and
reopen it, only to find the activate dialog again. I've gone through this
process several times and also rebooted.
Does anyone have any ideas?