I know klipsch are right up there with quality stuff. I've yet to get a pare of their promedia 2.1 set. ----- Original Message ----- From: "Dane Trethowan" <grtd...@internode.on.net>
To: "PC Audio Discussion List" <pc-audio@pc-audio.org>
Sent: Saturday, August 20, 2016 5:57 PM
Subject: Re: Desktop computer speakers

Okay I’ll put it another way and this is just my two cents worth again in the discussion. Logitech and so on are not known for audio products in general, yes they’ve made some good products that are classic but generally Logitech aren’t interested in Audio Quality as such, with Logitech its about what they can sell and how much of it can be sold whereas people like B&W, Kef and so on have a name for audio quality, you see the name of Kef etc in the Hi-Fi magazines and you hear those names talked about at Audiophile clubs and functions. Logitech also like gimmicks as do a lot of other company’s it seems and yes, I’ll mention Sonos here too as they like gimmicks too, the “Trueplay” option would appear to be one. Now I’m not a gimmick person, all I want is good quality audio and no, I can’t afford the best and I know I can’t so I want to get the best I can afford so I read reviews, white papers, specifications and so on and those great quality names like B&w, Kef and so on keep coming up and not so much for bells, whistles and gimmicks but for good quality sound.