From: Pc-audio [mailto:pc-audio-boun...@pc-audio.org] On Behalf Of Dane
Trethowan
Sent: Tuesday, September 20, 2016 9:46 PM
To: PC Audio Discussion List <pc-audio@pc-audio.org>
Subject: Re: The MM 550 was replaced with the very much superior PXC 550 Travel
headphones. Re: Bluetooth Headset

I've just read a review on these and they would be an unmitigated disaster for
anyone who is blind to use.

Firstly the review clearly states that the touch panels - these cans have two -
need to be controlled with precise movement and mistakes are easily made so -
if someone with sight is having trouble - just imagine what it would be like
for someone who is totally blind?

The command activated by the gesture is voiced and the reviewer made mention of
how frustrating he found it when he say gestured for the volume to be made
louder only to discover that he'd skipped to the next track in his music
collection, not too pleasant I would think.

The user also has to make gestures when answering incoming phone calls from the
mobile, need i say any more.

Far superior? Well both these headphones and the MM550X have AptX for
Bluetooth, I've had the MM550X and - whilst they have a few design faults and
the noise cancelling isn't as good as it perhaps could be - I've not been
disappointed.

Noice scance3lling is something I've never bothered about anyway myself.