I'd actually like to hear a demo of this software, but sadly, none exists. On Windows, SPL is still tops in my book.

I know, i'm like, one of the few Windows users on here, lol!

On 12/23/2016 1:01 PM, Dane Trethowan wrote:
Hi!
The following is an eMail sent by Gordon Smith to another list I'm a member of and I've put his address just above the quotation so - those who are interested - may enter into discussion with him however - and Gordon would like to make this perfectly plain - he will not tollerate whiners.

On a personal note I find this all rahter amusing, an article was published a couple of weeks ago regarding the Mac and how it wasn't up to the job when it came to accessibility these days, just goes to show that there are plenty of workarounds out there and it pays to be patient.

From: Gordon Smith gor...@mac-access.net

Good afternoon, or whatever it is in your time zone, everybody!
Finally, finally, Mac broadcasters have a game-changing product which I can now tell you about. Today has seen the long-awaited release of MegaSet 6.0 for MacOS. This new version introduces over 50 new features, the most crucial of which, for those of us in this group who enthuse about such things, is accessibility! Full VoiceOver support now exists within the product, and although I have only just started configuring the beast, I am confident that it will be possible for VoiceOver users to take advantage of this excellent new product. I have been speaking to Fidelity Media for a couple of years now, helping them here and there to work on accessibility. It is to their emended credit that, although it required a total rewrite of their user interface in order to comply, they have stripped their application right back to the bare bones, and fully implemented Apple’s accessibility guidelines to introduce the kind of accessibility which, to be blunt, even die-hard Station Playlist Creator users
would give e their eye teeth for!
My only query to their technical people is whether it is possible to play non-iTunes-compatible material within their app. I’m hopeful that this will indeed be the case but, to be honest, if it isn’t, there’s always Apple Lossless audio that one can use in order to gain a little bit of extra quality for low
file storage as opposed to MP3.
My understand is that MegaSeg 6 can be used with NiceCast for online broadcasting, so there’s no need for a broadcasting configuration within MegaSeg itselF. I have listened to the audio output using their in-built mixer and it rivals even the old OTS Radio Broadcaster app on the PC, and that app has the best software dynamics processor on the planet, or should I say, it did have until now! Speaking personally, I am ecstatic! This means that, since Duxbury Braille Translator now also runs under MacOS, and since I can access all of the spreadsheet documents and other documents I need to use on the Mac, I no longer require a Windows client! I have been waiting for this day for the last 15 years, and it’s finally arrived! Now, most of my Windows-based systems, including my Microsoft Surface Pro 3 tablet, can be put into mothballs. I only require Windows on those systems responsible for my DNS and one custom data server. But other than that, I’m now free of all that expense! Oh yes, I almost forgot. You can get MegaSet 6 from here, for the benefit of those who don’t know how to use Google, ;-)
<HTTP://WWW.MEGASEG.COM>
Price of the Pro version may seem a little high to some. But priced at $199.00 US, it costs considerably less than most professional broadcasting solutions which I have used under Windows; including Myriad, OTS Radio, SAM Broadcaster and, accumulatively, Station Playlist Creator Pro. There is none of this silly annual maintenance agreement nonsense. So, if version 7.0 takes them another 5 years to create, you still get all minor updates within those five years for free. That is what I mean by Accumulatively. Ob, and I almost forgot, it even costs less than, or about the dame as, RadioBOSS which, until now, I have said for quite a while is the best broadcasting tool. Not any longer! I plan to try and push our community station over to MacOS or, at least, give
us that as an option.