Now I remember many of us struggling many years ago with the problem I'm
having, usually happening with the old real player but also with some winamp
output plug-ins.  So I'm surprised that it's happening and I know my settings
are right.  Jaws is set to allow other audio and my players are no different
than they've always been.  But whether it's Jaws 16 or 18--the 2 I have on my
windows 7 system--if I play an audio file and use Jaws, the Jaws volume goes
down super low.  I don't have loud volume on my media players mostly because I
want to work with other programs while listening to music.  But as soon as an
audio file starts I can barely hear Jaws.  The file stops; Jaws comes right
back up to the right volume.  This is a dell system with real tech high
definition, and between Jaws going out and the shaky type sound of the files I
don't know if it's sound card or external speakers or maybe Jaws needs repair?
And it's no respecter of media players--VLC, Winamp and Windows Media Player
all cause Jaws to lower volume.

Would appreciate any thoughts.

Joanne