Hi, please remove Brian Parker from your lists. He passed away yesterday. He would tell you he had a great life! love from his daughter Ruth.

At 21:57 22/03/2017, Fred Quick wrote:
I just received mine a few minutes ago. Nice solid metal construction. Could
someone give me a mini startup hint? Found the buttons on the top but can't
get it to turn on. Thanks.

Fred

-----Original Message-----
From: Pc-audio [mailto:pc-audio-boun...@pc-audio.org] On Behalf Of Anders
Holmberg
Sent: Wednesday, March 22, 2017 5:51 AM
To: PC Audio Discussion List <pc-audio@pc-audio.org>
Subject: Re: Bose Soundlink Mini II: Initial Impressions

Hi!
NOt yet.
I was going to do that but something went wrong so i have to try that again.
/A
> 20 mars 2017 kl. 13:23 skrev Dane Trethowan <grtd...@internode.on.net>:
>
> Have you tried using the Hands free Speakerphone facility yet? If you've
tried it then can other people hear you clearly?

> On 20/03/2017 11:03 AM, Anders Holmberg wrote:
>> Hi!
>> Well i have this little beast.
>> Its really great for that size.
>> /AD
>>> 19 mars 2017 kl. 10:55 skrev Dane Trethowan <grtd...@internode.on.net>:
>>>
>>> Hi!
>>>
>>> I saw the Bose Soundlink Mini II for the first time today and I came
away satisfied with what I'd heard.

>>> I owned the original Bose Soundlink Mini speaker which I thought to be
very good, a little bass heavy - as Bose products are - but an incredibly
powerful sounding unit for the size.

>>> The Soundlink Mini II sounds very similar though the mid range seems to
have a little more presence which adds to the subtlety and the charm of the
sound.

>>> Its worth noting the differences between the original Soundlink Mini and
newer model.

>>> The Soundlink Mini didn't have a TTS - Text To Speech - module built-in
whereas the Soundlink Mini II does and one of the nice features here is that
- when powered up - the soundlink Mini II tells you what device it has
paired with, something that no other Bluetooth speaker I've ever owned has
done - I don't think even the Jawbone Jambox did that - so a very nice touch
particularly if you plan to use the Mini II with multiple speakers.

>>> The Mini II can be charged from a USB power source - whether that be a
power adapter or powerbank - whereas the original Bose Soundlink Mini could
not, you had to carry about the 12 volt AC adapter.

>>> Build quality is about the same, the nice rugged alaminium body though
I'd still recommend a carry case or rubber sleeve if you plan to carry this
beast about.

>>> The original Mini had a dedicated Aux-In source button whereas the
button has disappeared on the newer model, connecting a patch cord to the
Aux-In socket automatically switches the source to that mode.

>>> The Mini II has a microphone so can be used as a convenient hands free
speakerphone with your paired device, unfortunately I wasn't in a position
to try out this feature.

>>> The Bose Soundlink Mini II still comes at a premium price of nearly 300
Australian dollars but you certainly get what you pay for with this little
mite if you're wanting a powerful sound.

>>> I still have a few gripes with Bose and one of the main being the
decision by Bose not to use AptX decoding on any of their speakers,
something that IOS users probably won't bother about but Android users are
probably used to by now, having AptX makes all the difference if your
passion is to listen to music with all its detail and perhaps the thought
from Bose is that - with such a speaker as this - you can't hear all the
detail?