Hi John.

Like another member suggested yesterday, most of these recorders record a file for you and that's all.

What you do with that file is up to you.

You may wish to make it quieter, slower, faster , louder or add some thing like a small echo or you may simply wish to maximise all the tracks to be the same volume, etc.

You achieve these things by using something like Goldwave.

I do this kind of stuff all the time and as recently as Friday night of last week I recorded a 45 singer choir onto such a recorder and came home with my digital recording.

But then the technical work really started

I had to load it into Goldwave and make some of the improvements that I listed above.

I ended up with a high quality recording that you simply cannot get on a stand alone hand-held digital recorder. Once on the computer I was also able to burn my work onto a CD for the group, which is to be used in a television advertisement.

I could not do this without some experience of digital editing on a computer.

So if this is what you want to do, then that is the way to do it.

Hope this helps.

Andy.

----- Original Message ----- From: "JOHN RIEHL" <realma...@verizon.net>