Hi Michele,

echo " * Package SUNWjass is installed.  Be prepared to audit your *"
echo " *  JASS settings after patching and possibly re-apply JASS. *"

It's probably fine to do such things in a wrapper, like other local checks, or advices from the senior to the junior administrators.

The fact that SUNWjass is installed doesn't have to mean that it is used, and the more informational output a tool creates the less it is read, I guess. It's probably common sense to run any hardening tools again after a system modification (like a patch install). I don't think that a patch should modify a system in a way that makes it more unsecure than it was before by changing some settings, and I can't remember any such issue ..

Thanks for the feedback, anyway.

Martin.