I have safe set to 1 and reboot set to one as my default.

I had a couple patches that were caught by safe=1. I check out the information
and decided to go ahead and install the patches using —no-safe. I noticed that
for the files that were  marked as not the same, pca created the new file with
the name concatened with ".new". So I went to each of the files diff'ed them to
see the difference and where I wanted the new file I just moved the name.new to
the to just name.

I had another patch that required a reboot reconfigure after the install. I ran
pca with  --no-reboot and —no-safe. It seem to run ok and I then a reconfigure
reboot.

When it came up I noticed that the files that safe caught were not in the
directory with name.new and they were not placed in name.

Can someone explain how safe works when patching with —no-safe.

Thanks

Robert

Robert P. McGraw, Jr.
Unix System Administrator                  EMAIL: rmcg...@purdue.edu
Purdue University                          ROOM: MATH-807
College of Science                         PHONE: (765) 494-6055
150 N. University Street
West Lafayette, IN 47907-2067