On 02/26/2015 07:29 PM, McGraw, Robert P wrote:

https://www.samba.org/samba/security/CVE-2015-0240  shows the following in the
header

    CVE-2015-0240.html:

== Subject:     Unexpected code execution in smbd.
==
== CVE ID#:     CVE-2015-0240
==
== Versions:    Samba 3.5.0 to 4.2.0rc4
==
==              smbd file services.
==
The latest samba patch is 119758-33, but not sure what version of samba this will be.
Pca –r 119758-33 give the following header info.

Synopsis: SunOS 5.10_x86: Samba patch

Date: Sep/12/2014

Does anyone know what version number of samba when I install patch 119758-33?

Does anyone know if this patch number fixed the above samba problem or is there another patch that needs to be added or is added by another patch ID?

Thanks

Robert

Hi Robert,
I don't find any Solaris patch of CVE-2015-0240 on MOS Article "Reference Index of CVE IDs and Solaris Patches (Doc ID 1448883.1)" (https://support.oracle.com/epmos/faces/DocContentDisplay?id=1448883.1) [Required a credentials].

Try to applied the Samba Workaround from https://www.samba.org/samba/security/CVE-2015-0240

---8<---

==========
Workaround

On Samba versions 4.0.0 and above, add the line:

rpc_server:netlogon=disabled

to the [global] section of your smb.conf. For Samba versions 3.6.x and
earlier, this workaround is not available.

---8<---

I suppose Oracle Security Team working for release a patch for this vulnerability (http://www.oracle.com/us/support/assurance/vulnerability-remediation/security-fixing/index.html). If you have a valid support identifier number (Support Contract), open a Service Request (SR) for fix this (a IDR pacthes).

HTH
Michele V.