Hi,

(maybe duplicated, I did not see my first email on the list after 1 hour)

I support draft-ietf-pce-stateful-pce-app-02 LC.
I Have the following comment for draft-ietf-pce-stateful-pce-09:

Section 2
The document references the following timers:
   - State Timeout Interval
   - Redelegation Timeout Interval

RFC5440 defines an Appendix B. PCEP Variables, having a dedicated section
for those variables would be better, as they are integral part of the
extensions.

Section 5.4

After the first paragraph, add:
The State synchronization start with a LSP state report having the SYNC
Flag in the LSP Object set to 1.

Reason: This would allow for the PCC to fully resend its database after
the Initialization phase, and clarify the PCE operation.

Section 5.6.1
OLD
Once an LSP is up, the PCC sends an LSP State Report carried on a
   PCRpt message to the PCE, indicating that the LSP's status is 'Up'.
   If the LSP could not be set up, the PCC sends an LSP State Report
   indicating that the LSP is "Down' and stating the cause of the
   Failure.

NEW
Once an LSP is up, the PCC sends an LSP State Report carried on a
   PCRpt message to the PCE, indicating that the LSP's status is 'Up' or
'Active'.
   If the LSP could not be set up, the PCC sends an LSP State Report
   indicating that the LSP is "Down' and stating the cause of the
failure.

OLD
In such cases, the PCC may choose to only send the PCRpt
   indicating the latest status ('Up' or 'Down¹).

NEW
In such cases, the PCC may choose to only send the PCRpt
   indicating the latest status (ŒActive¹, 'Up' or 'Down').

Reason : Active is also a possible state.

Section 5.6.2
OLD
If the PCC decides that the LSP parameters proposed in the PCUpd message
are unacceptable, it MUST report this error by including the
LSP-ERROR-CODE TLV (Section 7.3.3
<https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-pce-stateful-pce-09#section-7.3.3>)
with LSP error-value=³Unacceptable parameters" in the LSP object in the
PCRpt message to the PCE

NEW
If the PCC decides that the LSP parameters proposed in the PCUpd message
are unacceptable, it MUST report this error by including the
LSP-ERROR-CODE TLV (Section 7.3.3
<https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-pce-stateful-pce-09#section-7.3.3>)
with LSP error-value=³Unacceptable parameters" in the LSP object in the
PCRpt message to the PCE. The PCC MAY/SHOULD include the objects that were
not accepted in the PCRpt message.

Reason: If the PCC includes the objects (current PCC values) that caused
the PCUpd to be rejected, it would help the PCE avoid resending them. A
PCErr would allow to include the objects, a new error type would be needed
but error handling from PCE side should be rather easy. Another
possibility is having the LSP-ERROR-CODE containing a list of
Object-Class, OT .

OLD
   Once an LSP is up, the PCC sends an LSP State Report (PCRpt message)
   to the PCE, indicating that the LSP's status is 'Up'.  If the LSP
   could not be set up, the PCC sends an LSP State Report indicating
   that the LSP is 'Down' and stating the cause of the failure.

NEW
   Once an LSP is up or active, the PCC sends an LSP State Report (PCRpt
message)
   to the PCE, indicating that the LSP's status is 'Up¹ (resp. 'Active').
If the LSP
   could not be set up, the PCC sends an LSP State Report indicating
   that the LSP is 'Down' and stating the cause of the failure.

Section 6.1
OLD
The RRO SHOULD be included by the PCC when the path is up,

NEW
The RRO SHOULD be included by the PCC when the path is up or active,

Section 7
Replace MUST by SHOULD, this is restricting a lot future documents (not
allowing to enforce/ignore gracefully some objects)

Section 7.3.
Nits: Using Synchronize would be better aligned with other bits definition

S bit: Add: On PCUpd the R flag SHOULD (MUST?) be set to 0 on transmission
and MUST be ignored on receipt.

R bit: Add: On PCUpd the R flag SHOULD (MUST?) be set to 0 on transmission
and MUST be ignored on receipt
  (or it is allowed on PCUpd?)
O bit: Add: On PCUpd the O Field SHOULD (MUST?) be set to 0 on
transmission and MUST be ignored on receipt.

Section 7.3.3.
  The error value ŒLSP preempted¹ could seem a bit redundant with ŒRSVP
signaling error¹ and the corresponding RSVP preempted error code, I
believe the error code ŒLSP preempted¹ should be seen when a PCC-local
administrative preemption is made, and the RSVP signaling error should be
used otherwise (the error node can be of value for the PCE)

BR
Cyril