On Wed, Apr 4, 2018 at 9:14 AM, Julien Meuric <julien.meu...@orange.com>
wrote:

> Hi Eric,
>
> As a shepherd, I can address your 2nd concern without waiting for the
> authors.
>
> For both defined TLVs, the backward compatibility is addressed by the
> last sentence of sections 3 and 4:
> "  If a PCEP speaker does not recognize the PATH-SETUP-xxx
>    TLV, it MUST ignore the TLV in accordance with ([RFC5440])."

Sorry for not being clear. I meant a different case. What happens when an
existing
PCEP speaker (which is not familiar with this TLV) tries to talk to someone
who
(a) doesn't use RSVP-TE (b) advertises that fact via this mechanism. I
believe
you get some kind of handshake failure. Is that correct?

-Ekr