I support WG adoption by the PCE WG.

I agree with Dhruv that maybe we should limit TLV to LSP object only.  I
don’t mind complexity if their is a significant gain with making it
generic.  I think we have to weigh the pros and cons.

Thanks

Gyan

On Fri, Feb 5, 2021 at 3:48 AM Dhruv Dhody <d...@dhruvdhody.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> While it is an interesting idea to make this generic, I think we should
> limit this TLV to be used with the LSP object only to keep this focused and
> avoid complexity.
>
> Regarding sending errors, I don't think we have specified such an error
> before for any other TLVs which are specific to an Object. Applying the
> robustness principle and ignoring the TLV (if received in other
> objects) would make sense IMHO.
>
> Thanks!
> Dhruv (as a WG member)
>
> On Fri, Feb 5, 2021 at 12:17 PM <xiong.q...@zte.com.cn> wrote:
>

>> Hi Cyril,
>>

>> Thanks for your review and comments! It is a good point.
>>
>> In my opinion, the TLV and the flag could be used in other PCEP Objects.
>>
>> But if the defination of extended flags are different, then the TLV is
>> different.
>>
>> I think that would be a new TLV, not the LSP-EXTENDED-FLAG TLV.
>>
>> What are the thoughts of others?
>>

>> Thanks,
>>
>> Quan
>>

>> >Re: [Pce] Adoption of draft-xiong-pce-lsp-flag-03
>>
>> Cyril Margaria <cyril.marga...@gmail.com> Thu, 04 February 2021 10:36 UTCShow
>> header
>> <https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/msg/pce/jL4ZD31H1ZUWSvjItgwQItZ2pjw/#>
>>
>> Support,
>>
>> I have the following comments:
>>   - The TLV is, as specified, is not forbidden  in other PCEP Objects,
>>   - It might be only defined as LSP object TLV and error code defined for
>> other cases, but it could also be allowed in any object and the extended
>> flags defined themselves within the context of an object.
>>
>> BR
>> Cyril
>>
>> On Thu, 4 Feb 2021 at 09:14, Dhruv Dhody <d...@dhruvdhody.com> wrote:
>>
>> > Hi WG,
>> >
>> > Greg, Quan, and I discussed this offline and have this proposed text -
>> >
>> > Note that, PCEP peers MAY encounter different length of the
>> > LSP-EXTENDED-FLAG TLV.
>> >
>> >    o If a PCEP speaker receives the LSP-EXTENDED-FLAG TLV
>> >      of a length more than it currently supports or understands,
>> >      it will simply ignore the bits beyond that length.
>> >
>> >    o If a PCEP speaker receives the LSP-EXTENDED-FLAG TLV of
>> >      a length less than the one supported by the implementation,
>> >      it will consider the bits beyond the length to be unset.
>> >
>> > Thoughts?
>> >
>> > Dhruv (as a WG member)

<http://www.verizon.com/>

*Gyan Mishra*

*Network Solutions A**rchitect *

*M 301 502-134713101 Columbia Pike *Silver Spring, MD