Hi PCE WG,

RFC8664 marked LSP identifiers TLV as optional:

"The LSP-IDENTIFIERS TLV MAY be present for the above PST type."

https://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc8664.html#name-the-rp-srp-object

But I don't see any clarification in that RFC, how SR policy endpoints/LSP-ID
(may be needed for MBB) or any other field from that TLV is supposed to be
encoded in PCRpt message.

I can imagine that SR policy endpoints can be retrieved from SR policy
association
(https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-pce-segment-routing-policy-cp#section-5.1),
 but that draft is still not supported by many implementations and it is not
mentioned as MUST in RFC8664.

So now it seems to be completely valid based on RFC8664 to send PCRpt with no
LSP identifiers and no SR Policy association => with missing endpoints. Is that
intentional or am I missing any statement from RFC, which is clarifying it?

I found some older discussion in mail archive:
https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/msg/pce/rGVwtH6u3eUCMbRyR-gV1Cv2zDU/
Where almost similar topic was discussed and where it was requested to make it
mandatory, but there were a few mails exchanged with no conclusion.

One more comment - even statement about LSP-identifiers in RFC8664 seems to be
mentioned in wrong section - dedicated for RP/SRP object, which was never used
for LSP identifiers TLV (that is supposed to be included in LSP object).

Thanks,
Samuel