Hi authors of this draft,

I support this draft, but I still have a few minor comments:

1.Introduction section:

  *   “Generalzied MPLS (GMPLS) tunnels.” -> typo
  *   “…allow a PCC to specify in a Path Computation Request (PCReq) message
(sent to a PCE) whether the object must be taken into account by the PCE during
path computation or is optional” -> do we even need to specify that PCReq is
sent to PCE?
2.1 Usage Example section:

  *   Is really “Disjoint Association” good example as that constraint itself
has T flag defined in
https://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc8800.html#name-disjoint-tlvs, which is
allowing relaxing disjointness constraint completely as well (so P=0 for
association object is not really required for that specific case) Maybe
consider using some other constraint as an example, why we need this.
3.1 STATEFUL-PCE-CAPABILITY TLV section

  *   “In case the bit is unset, it indicates that the PCEP Speaker would not
handle the P and I flags in the PCEP common object header for stateful PCE
messages” – At least “Introduction” section is saying that behavior was not
defined before this draft was written for older PCEP objects in Stateful
messages, so isn’t it actually required to fallback to original “undefined”
behavior if flag is not set instead of doing fallback to “PCEP peer is not
using them”? We should probably have some “backward compatibility” section as
we don’t have simple way to figure out whether flag is explicitly cleared or
just not supported.
3.2.2 The PCUpd Message and the PCInitiate Message

  *   Is it really required to assume P flag set to all PCEP objects in
PCUpd/PCinit messages? Consider PCE including for example accumulated metric or
constraints used in the path-computation for policies configured on PCC – why
PCC would need to support all of those objects even if really just
“SRP/LSP/ERO” is really required in most of the cases? I would say that even
“SHOULD” may be too strong here.
3.4 Delegation

  *   “Note that for the delegated LSPs, the PCE can update and mark some
objects as ignored even when the PCC had set the P flag during delegation.
Similarly, the PCE can update…” – Is there valid use-case for this behavior? At
least to me it seems that it actually opening doors for bugs/misinterpretation
rather than really adding any value.
7.1 Control of Function and Policy

  *   “An operator MUST be allowed to configure the capability to support
relaxation of constraints in the stateful PCEP message exchange.” – So any
implementation which would decide to enable it by default in that PCEP session
is not RFC complaint? Isn’t that too strict?

Thanks a lot,
Samuel