I mean new president for 2013... see why I need replaced?

kw

On 11/27/2012 8:53 AM, Kipling (Kip) Will wrote:
My run a PCES president ends at the end of this year. Our bylaws
prohibit anyone from being president two years in a row. Even if that
were not the case, I need to attend to other business in 2014. I will
still participate as much as I can; attending meetings and interacting
through email, facebook, etc. The former president still acts as one of
the executive board members and in that capacity I will continue to
promote and guide the society. This was my second time as president and
I am happy to say that this time we got more action and activity, and
even a little change.

I will finish my term by summarizing the survey results and making
recommendations and changes with help from the committees and executive
board, by the end of the year. I will push the program committee and
Social Media and Outreach committee especially. I think their tasks will
be the most important for making 2014 a great year for the PCES.

SO, the society needs to find a president for 2014. The board and
committee slots are mostly filled and the social media tools are up and
gaining momentum. I think it will be a good time for whoever steps in.
Don’t be shy. Step up or nominate someone now.

best,
Kip

--

Contact info:

Kipling W. Will
Associate Professor/Insect Systematist
Associate Director,Essig Museum of Entomology

send specimens to:
Essig Museum of Entomology
1101 Valley Life Sciences Building, #4780
University of California, Berkeley
Berkeley, CA 94720-4780

letter mail to:
130 Mulford Hall
ESPM Dept.- Organisms & Environment Div.
University of California
Berkeley, California 94720

fax 510-643-5438