Dear PCES Entomology Community,

My name is David Wyatt and I am a biology professor in the Field Ecology
program at Sacramento City College - and a past president of PCES many moons
ago.  I am in need of taxonomic help with insects that we will be bringing back
from Belize this June.  Seven biologists (including myself) are going to Belize
to establish in Belize a research collection of insects collected in the
northern Maya Mountains.  This is an area that is very biodiversity rich but
has up to now had very few biodiversity studies of that location - and no
available entomology collections housed in Belize.

In addition to establishing the entomology collection, we are also
collaborating with the Biodiversity Center of Belize to conduct DNA barcoding
of specimens we collect.  Duplicate specimens will be returned with us to
California with the Bohart Museum of Entomology storing most of these insects.
To help us identify these specimens, I am requesting assistance from the
entomology community for your various areas of expertise.  Please feel free to
send me an email with your interest in helping out with this project (and
please note your areas of expertise).  My contact information is provided in
the signature block below.

We are crowdsourcing for the equipment (24-30 Cal Acad drawers and other
equipment) and field station costs.  For more information about the project
and/or to support the research, please visit the website we have established
for the work.  The website is:

https://experiment.com/projects/cataloging-insect-and-bat-diversity-in-belize

Be sure to check out the short video as well as the tabs (Abstract and Lab
Notes).  We would really appreciate your support for the project and look
forward to working with you for species determinations.

Cheers,

David Wyatt
davidwy...@mac.com<mailto:davidwy...@mac.com>
wya...@scc.losrios.edu<mailto:wya...@scc.losrios.edu>