Hi

> > am I understand correctly that no JIT is involved here?
> >
> You tell me :-)  I certainly built PCRE with JIT support...

pcretest runs tests without JIT by default. -s+ needs to be passed to pcretest,
or s+ to a specific test to enable JIT. The bad pattern has s flag, bot no plus
so it is only studied.

> I linked it with /STACK:10000000; should that be enough? I don't know that
> there's anything else I can do to increase the available stack space.

Since there is no crash, this is likely not a stack related issue then.

> But if I redirect the output to a file, or even just pipe it into "cat",
> all I get is the first line. Both behaviors occur consistently.

I suspect the std library ov msvc has some limitation here. Even in the console
mode, the results are still missing:

 0: <seite>\x0a<dokumenteninformation>\x0a<seitentitel>...
 1: seite
 2: \x0a
 3: seite

I didn't see such thing in my simple msvc environment. Perhaps you could catch
printf-s in debug and check which one is not working.

Regards,
Zoltan