On Sun, 8 Jul 2018, ND via Pcre-dev wrote:

> It seems if mark name is defined in assertion then SKIP with this name is
> ignored.
> May be a little docs clarification about this needed.

This already appears in the docs:

  However, when one of these verbs appears inside an atomic group or in
  an assertion that is true, its effect is confined to that group,
  because once the group has been matched, there is never any
  backtracking into it.

The "verbs" are the backtracking control verbs. Perl behaves in the same
way. I will repeat the information above in some more places in the
documentation.

Philip

--
Philip Hazel