At 03:29 PM 3/19/02 -0500, Al Welch wrote the following:

>Ready for a stumper?
>
>Have win98 (origional ver) and using Outlook Express (ver. 6.00.2600.000)
>both with all current upgrades.
>
>When I send an email with no graphic enclosed to [EMAIL PROTECTED]  it goes
>through.  If I insert a graphic, it bounces and the rejected address shown
>is [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>
>There is only one adddress in my address book for this account and it does
>not include the hotmail part and I do not have a hotmail account of any
>kind.
>
>Any suggestions greatfuly received!

I not exactly sure about this but I thought that if you use MSN then you 
can use Hotmail via MSN as long as the user name is the same. If you have a 
MSN userid and a different Hotmail user name, then you must logoff MSN to 
use Hotmail.  (I don't have an MSN account but I do have a Hotmail account).

With version 7.0 of MSN you are now automatically connected to MSN 
Hotmail.com, MSN Messenger Service and MSN calendar so that you no longer 
have to retype passwords. If you use your MSN Hotmail sign-in name as your 
MSN Messenger sign-in, you can simply click on the Hotmail.com link to 
logon directly to send e-mail from Hotmail.

If this is the case, then I'd guess that your configuration of Hotmail, 
MSN, or Outlook is incorrectly configured between POP3 and SMTP server names.

First off, look at Outlook Express
Tools -- Accounts -- Mail tab
Click on Properties button
Click on Servers tab
Check incoming mail {POP3}: server name
Check outgoing mail {SMTP}: server name

If these are configured for MSN or Hotmail rather than some other ISP then 
this leads me to believe that MSN/Hotmail is controlling.

MSN Explorer and MSN.com send web-based HTML e-mail ONLY and cannot be 
configured to send plain text. Hence if you embed a graphic image then this 
implies a MIME encoded HTML message and you will use the web-based MSN or 
Hotmail account to send the e-mail message.


--
Gerry Boyd
============= PCWorks Mailing List =================
Don't see your post? Check our posting guidelines &
make sure you've followed proper posting procedures,
http://pcworkers.com/rules.htm
Contact list owner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Unsubscribing and other changes: http://pcworkers.com
=====================================================

Reply via email to