At 04:30 PM 12/13/2002 -0700, Roger wrote the following:

Recently I have not been able to access the Windows Update Site.  I
tried today to get the security patch for the MS VM that they outlined
in their bulletin and said it was critical.  When I access the update
site, I get to the "Scan for Updates" and the page gets to 66%
complete and then IE dumps with an exception. The only clue I can get
is with the Winspool.drv file, which I have reinstalled.  I tried to
access after having no applications running the background, no TSRs,
and a clean temp IE files, cookies and objects.

  Any suggestions?

I am running WIN98 SE and IE6.0.2800.1106, SP1, Q313829, Q324929

Pentium III - 650 Mhz - 256 Mb RAM
Two possible remedies:
1.Troubleshooting Windows Update Connection and Download Problems
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;qq193657

2. Use Corporate Update site
http://corporate.windowsupdate.microsoft.com/

--
Gerry Boyd
============= PCWorks Mailing List =================
Don't see your post? Check our posting guidelines &
make sure you've followed proper posting procedures,
http://pcworkers.com/rules.htm
Contact list owner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Unsubscribing and other changes: http://pcworkers.com
=====================================================

Reply via email to