If you still want to keep that function and just make it
faster, you may not be able to.  That's what I meant by
"Different PC's react differently to sleep mode".  Type of
modems used, and NIC's can affect that.  Since you mention
"wake up call action", sounds like a modem is involved.  IF
you need to continue to use the WOR function (If that's what
you mean by the quote above) then it's going to have to
continue to be enabled in the BIOS.

If not, Instead of true sleep mode, you can try to disable
that area in the BIOS like I mentioned below, and in the
windows area I mentioned below just set the monitor and HD
power down to X minutes (or hours).  The monitor will shut off
(as long as it's energy star compliant), and the HD will power
down, but all fans will remain running.  I don't usually
tinker with these areas (I always have mine disabled in the
BIOS) and in Windows since that requires additional CPU
resources to enable it.  PC's can sometimes "act funny" as
well when they wake up, where restarting must be done.  (I'm
also never away from any PC long enough to warrant any power
down settings! ;-)

If first paragraph above holds true, then you may want to try
to disable all power down settings in the BIOS EXCEPT for just
the WOR or WOM (wake on ring, wake on modem).
-Clint

Happy Holidays to all & God Bless
Clint Hamilton, Owner
Want to exchange links with us?
http://OrpheusComputing.com �


----- Original Message -----
From: "Ralph" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>



Clint:
Thanks. But I was wanting to get rid of the delay between the
wake up call
action and the system coming back on. Am trying some different
settings...more later.

Ralph
----- Original Message -----
From: "[EMAIL PROTECTED]"

> Different PC's react differently to sleep mode.  Assuming
you
> want to get rid of it all together, go to 'display
> properties', 'screensaver' tab, then 'settings' and you'll
see
> what to change, there are several options there (if you want
> to disable it totally, or just disable sleep and keep the HD
&
> monitor powering down, etc).  There is also settings in the
> BIOS for this, so you may have to only change that, or,
change
> settings in both areas.  Right off hand I don't recall the
> area in the BIOS, you'll just have to 'thumb' through them
> until you see the power settings, then set it to 'disabled'.
> -Clint

>
> ----- Original Message -----
> From: "Ralph" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>
> Hello All:
>
> Windows ME latest updates.
>
> After my system goes to sleep, Keyboard or mouse will wake
it
> up and display
> only a blinking cursor in upper left hand of screen with no
> disc activity,
> after which there is a delay of several minutes until the
> windows display
> comes on.
>
> How can I eliminate the delay ??
>
> Thanks;
> Ralph
============= PCWorks Mailing List =================
Don't see your post? Check our posting guidelines &
make sure you've followed proper posting procedures,
http://pcworkers.com/rules.htm
Contact list owner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Unsubscribing and other changes: http://pcworkers.com
=====================================================

Reply via email to