The best thing I've found is to find one of the thermalright or similar
heatsinks that take a 92 mm fan that you can run at low speed.  If you are
buying a retail CPU, the stock intel heat sink/fan isn't bad at all.  I'm
not familiar with Startech but I just took a look at one on the web.  They
appear to be all aluminum.  The 3 ghz CPU's run really hot.  I'm not sure
how well the startech would cool one.  The stock intel heatsink has a huge
copper core and I think would be better if you have the option to get a
retail cpu.  The Thermalright and anything else in that class would probably
cost twice what a Startech cost.

Ben Moore 

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Tom
Sent: Saturday, December 20, 2003 10:05 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: PCWorks: Quiet Pentium 4 CPU Cooler

Anyone have a suggestion on what type of fan and heatsink 
that is quiet I can get for a Pentium 4 CPU running at 3 GHz?

Would the Startech FanP4Pro provide sufficient cooling?  It 
runs at 3500 RPM and 27.96 CFM with a noise level of 28 DB.

Thanks,

Tom
============= PCWorks Mailing List =================
Don't see your post? Check our posting guidelines &
make sure you've followed proper posting procedures,
http://pcworkers.com/rules.htm
Contact list owner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Unsubscribing and other changes: http://pcworkers.com
=====================================================

Reply via email to