To one and all,

I am dealing with the issue of how to share data between 2 computers
next to each other on the same router. I need to get data from one
system to the other without wanting to use some external media, such as
zip, CD, and so forth, for transfer.

Each system could end up having any windows OS on it, such as Win98 SE,
Win2K Pro, WinXP Pro.

I am not sure how you have to do the setup for network and other
settings, or what software has to be installed, on each window OS so
that I can go into Explorer, for example, go to neighborhood, and see
the resources on one system available on the other computer. The
workgroup would be the same on each system and the name would be the
difference.

Networking has always been one of my weakest subjects unfortunately in
the electronics and computer fields. I have never had to do this before
myself. When I worked for one of the government agencies here in
California, getting my Win2K Pro system connected to the network servers
was something that I had to have one of the other support people would
worked especially in networks always take care of, and they were always
too busy to take the time to explain what procedure they would end up
doing to get my system or anyone else's system connected corrected to
the servers. And most people were still using WinNT4.

So any help on solving my local problem would be most appreciated.

Sincerely,

Ralph
============= PCWorks Mailing List =================
Don't see your post? Check our posting guidelines &
make sure you've followed proper posting procedures,
http://pcworkers.com/rules.htm
Contact list owner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Unsubscribing and other changes: http://pcworkers.com
=====================================================

Reply via email to